EDINBURGH The Loony Dook 2019 - 1 January 2019, 12.30pm
* Check-in open from 10.30am.
* Dookers must buy a ticket in advance and check-in on the day by 12.00pm.
* Family and friends are encouraged to get down to the beach early to support Dookers
* Under 16s must be accompanied by an adult. Not recommended for children under the age of 12.
* Dookers are advised to wear shoes in the water and bring a warm change of clothing
* There are plenty of pubs, cafes and restaurants in the local area open for lunch after the event
* Please note there are no lockers for storing belongings.
The Loony Dook continues its New Year’s Day tradition at South Queensferry. In the shadow of the Forth Bridges, the dippers in fancy dress, scantily clad or even fully clothed from the night before will brave the chill to raise money for charities while shaking off their Hogmanay hangover.
Dookers will march the length of South Queensferry High Street led by The Noise Committee drummers as part of the Dookers' Parade, before launching themselves into the freezing Firth of Forth. Spectators are welcome to cheer on the Dookers at various points along the route or down on the beach.
South Queensferry has a variety of pubs, cafes and restuarants, all open on New Year's Day.
£1 from every ticket bought is donated to the RNLI, the charity that saves lives at sea. Every day of every year, people of all backgrounds get into danger in the water. Your support means their crews can save lives quickly, safely and effectively.